This app was created based on the popular 52-week Challenge for saving money. The challenge's idea is very simple and perfect for those who have difficulties in planning and, mainly, in saving money.
If you are like that, this is a great way to start saving money and gather a good amount after 1 year.
The challenge is basically about saving a certain amount every week. In order to follow the original idea, you should save $ 1.00 in the first week, $ 2.00 in the second week, $ 3.00 in the third week... up to $ 52.00 in the 52nd week.
By doing that and completing the challenge, you'll have at least $ 1,378.00 after the 52 weeks (1 year) to help you with Christmas shopping, a vacation trip or even to establish an emergency fund. You may use it as you wish.
For those who are able to and want to save even more, there is also the possibility to start the challenge with $ 2, $ 3, $ 4, $ 5, or up to $ 10 (highest suggested amount to start the challenge) and save up to $ 13,780.00 in only one year!
It's also important to highlight that by depositing money into your Savings Account or investing in Treasury Direct, you'll end up with extra earnings.
Get to know some advantages of the 52-week challenge:
- You get used to saving so that it becomes a habit;
- By defining the amount and period for saving, you'll get convinced to rise to the challenge;
- It's easy to start it and, as it gets more challenging, you'll be used to that;
- In order to complete the challenge during all weeks, you'll probably have to control your expenses and avoid unnecessary expenses;
- You learn how to say “No” to waste and impulse buying.
The app's features include:
- Add a challenge, with an amount and a starting time, which gives the app the responsibility to manage all the dates and amounts after that;
- Follow the challenge created over the weeks and control the deposits;
- Weekly reminder notifications for the deposits.