**Winner of the Excellence in Early Learning Digital Media award from the American Library Association!**
Adventure with Molly of Denali from PBS KIDS! In this app, kids ages 4-8 can explore the village of Qyah, and its forests, lakes, and wildlife. This app is packed with new games and interactive activities for your child to learn about Alaskan culture and nature.
Garden vegetables, fish salmon and go dog sledding. Create beading projects or help run the Denali Trading Post while learning from books, diagrams, and captioned photos. Solve problems and accomplish tasks around town.
Our educational games are designed to support your child’s foundational literacy skills and reading comprehension.
MOLLY OF DENALI FEATURES:
EDUCATIONAL GAMES FOR KIDS
• Alaskan Adventure – Explore local wildlife and help Molly take pictures for her vlog
• Veggiezilla – Learn to grow vegetables in the garden
• Fish Camp – Fish for salmon & learn different catching techniques
• Sled Dog Dash – Go on missions & care for your dogs on the way
• Denali Trading Post – Gain social skills & help customers in the shop
• Beading Art - Craft Alaskan Native beadwork
EXPLORE COMMUNITY AND NATURE
• Pick blueberries for Molly’s Dad
• Play with Molly’s friends,Trini & Tooey in a snowball fight
• Drum with Grandpa Nat
• And more!
FUN LEARNING GAMES
• Kids from ages 4-8 can get a fun introduction to reading informational texts
• Learn vocabulary by reading field guides, how-to guides, and expert blogs
• Learn about Alaska Native values with a focus on community & traditions
• Language lessons for Alaska Native phrases (i.e. “Mahsi-choo!”)
Visit pbskids.org/molly for more Molly of Denali videos, games, and activities.
Molly of Denali™
Produced by WGBH Boston, Molly of Denali is an action-adventure comedy that follows the adventures of curious and resourceful 10-year-old Molly Mabray, an Alaska Native girl. Molly of Denali is the first nationally distributed children’s series in the U.S. to feature an Alaska Native lead character.
Molly of Denali is designed to help kids ages 4-8 develop knowledge and skills for interacting with informational texts through video content, interactive games, and real-world activities. In each episode, Molly’s life and adventures are enhanced, by using and creating informational texts, including books, online resources, field guides, indigenous knowledge from elders, maps, charts, posters, photos, and more.
About PBS KIDS
Molly of Denali is part of PBS KIDS’ ongoing commitment to helping kids build the skills they need to succeed in school and in life. PBS KIDS, the number one educational media brand for kids, offers children ages 2-8 the opportunity to explore new ideas and new worlds through television, digital media and community-based programs. PBS KIDS and local stations across the country support the entire ecosystem in which children learn, including their teachers, parents and community.
For more apps from PBS KIDS, visit pbskids.org/apps.
MOLLY OF DENALI is produced by WGBH Kids and Atomic Cartoons in association with CBC Kids.
Funding for MOLLY OF DENALI is provided by a Ready To Learn Grant from the Department of Education; the Corporation for Public Broadcasting, a private corporation funded by the American People; and by public television viewers.
The contents of this program were developed under a grant from the Department of Education. However, those contents do not necessarily represent the policy of the Department of Education, and you should not assume endorsement by the Federal Government. [PR/Award No. U295A150003, CFDA No. 84.295A]
Molly of Denali, Trademark/© 2019 WGBH Educational Foundation. All rights reserved.